2008년 7월 1일 화요일

SAT or 수능

I visit Korea every summer. I'm one of the Korean student studying abroad. The reason Korean students decide to go to U.S. is for better education. The College Scholastic Ability Test which is 수능 in Korea would be one of the most stressful thing for the students here. Because the education is too harsh and difficult. My mom always say that I am very lucky to be in U.S. I agree with her too. Every summer when I visit here and see how Korean students come home late from 학원, I feel very bad for them and also I relief that I'm not one of them. However, this year I start to go to SAT school. I guess I can say it's American 수능. But way better than Korean's. The first week was little hard for me because I never been to 학원 for education. But I believe I have to think and plan for after high school since my graduation is in two year. And going to learn SAT isn't that bad. It is getting fun by making new friends who is in similar situation with me and I feel better that I am being prepare. We often talk about how SAT is way better than 수능. Also how wrong Korean education is.
One of the reason Korean education is getting harder is their competitive mind. In addition people usually say their mom has problem but I don't think it is not only their fault. It is true that Korean Moms too care about their children's grades. I think it's because they already know how is the difference in social standing between people who graduated college and who did not is huge. I believe it will take long time to change Korean educational system and people's mind about better people graduated good college and getting a good grade is the most important thing. However, I believe it will change someday.

댓글 1개:

Paul :

Hi Yuna,

Here is my suggestion corrections:
-Use paragraphs for new thoughts
-Watch prounouns

I visit Korea every summer. I'm one of the Korean students studying abroad. The reason Korean students decide to go to U.S. is for a better education. The Korean College Scholastic Ability Test also known as the Sooneung (수능) is one of the most stressful for Korean students. The education is harsh and difficult.

My mom always says that I am very lucky to be in U.S. I agree. Every summer when I visit Korea and see how Korean students come home late from private academies (학원), I feel sorry for them and relieved that I'm not one of them.

However, this year I started to go to SAT school. I guess I can say it's American version of the Sooneung. It is still better than Korean students’ lives. The first week was hard for me because I never been to a private academy. But I believe I have to think and plan for after high school since my graduation is in two years. And going to learn SAT isn't that bad.

It is fun by making new friends who are in similar situations with me. I feel better that I am being prepared. We often talk about how SAT is way better than Sooneung and how poor Korean education is.

One reason Korean education is getting harder is the competitive mind. In addition, people usually say their mom has problem but I don't think it is only their fault. It is true that Korean Moms care about their children's grades. I think it's because they already know the huge difference in social standings between people who graduated college and who did not.

I believe it will take long time to change the Korean educational system and people's mind about better people graduated good college and getting a good grade is the most important thing. I believe it will change someday.